Начало » Коммунити канала #simferopol » Вопросы и ответы » Titans defeat Chiefs 22-21 in first playoff win since 2003
Titans defeat Chiefs 22-21 in first playoff win since 2003 [сообщение #15799] Чтв, 11 Январь 2018 11:31
aliciahuang в настоящее время не в онлайне aliciahuang
Участник

It wasn’t quite Super Bowl LI but the AFC wildcard game between the 4th-seeded Chiefs and the 5th-seeded Titans definitely delivered the second half drama. In the end,, another unexpected comeback and and heroic plays from the quarterback are the story of the Titans narrow 22-21 win in the vaunted Arrowhead Stadium

what happened in between is worth recapping quickly. After jumping out to an early 14-3 lead,Of course, the Chiefs were driving down the field again with under two minutes to go in the first half. Alex Smith threw a short pass up the middle to Travis Kelce, who was having a monster half with four receptions for 66-yards and a touchdown.

However Kelce was rocked on what appeared to be a helmet-to-helmet hit, supported by his teammates as he tried to stand up. He walked off the field and into the locker room and was ruled out of the rest of the game with a concussion., although the hit wasn’t flagged by the officials. The pass was incomplete and Kelce was visibly shaken

but Kelce’s injury marked the turning point for the home team.,The Chiefs finished that drive with a 14-yard touchdown reception by Demarcus Robinson

The Titans got the ball to start the second half and embarked on a 15-play, but the pass was batted down — right back into his hands., 91-yard drive that culminated in a Marcus Mariota touchdown pass to Marcus Mariota. No you didn’t read that wrong. Mariota scrambled outside the pocket toward the end zone and went to pass it on the run

Luckily for the Titans, who with the help of Derrick Henry led the team down the field again and eventually got the ball to Eric Decker in the end zone for the go-ahead touchdown., their defense took care of the Chiefs yet again to give the ball back to Mariota

but it turned out they didn’t need it anyway.,They missed the two-point conversion attempt on that score as well

it was all about winding down the clock — which meant they needed Henry to do what he does. They didn’t,When they got the ball back after the two-minute warning after the stopping the Chiefs offense yet again, however, anticipate that it would be Mariota himself who would ensure that his running back did just that.

but he almost did it with this absolutely epic block to clear the lane on the outside for Henry.,It’s hard to outdo a touchdown pass to yourself

but that’s the type of thing this Titans team has thrived on all season long.,The Patriots are considered the heavy favorite

and there’s nothing wrong with having a chip on your shoulder.,Being the underdog feeds these players

They know many people have counted them out, they weren’t favored to win the Kansas City game either., but then again

The only difference is that this Patriots team comes with years of playoff experience, and a bunch of talent surrounding him., a quarterback that has a collection of Super Bowl rings

“You’re going to face a team that is very experienced, don’t make a lot of mistakes. All three phases are like that. They don’t make mistakes,Authentic Brandon Scherff Jersey, disciplined, and if you want to beat them, and these are the types of teams you want to beat,Authentic Preston Smith Jersey, the chance you have to beat these teams is at their place,” said Titans head coach Mike Mularkey.

But what do the patriots think of Tennessee’s talent?

they win a lot of tough games,“All across the board,Authentic Matt Jones Jersey, won on the road,” said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. “They’re resilient, won two tough games– the last two games they needed to win to be here, so I have a lot of respect for their program.”

The Titans face the Patriots this Saturday at 7 p.m. News 2 is hosting two pregame specials ahead of the big game–one Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. and another just before the game Saturday at 6:30 p.m.

and seen all those reports that claimed he would be fired by the Titans if they lost their playoff opener to Kansas City.,Womens Arthur Brown Jersey,Mike Mularkey had heard the rumblings about his job status

Perhaps he'll have a little support now.

and it left Mularkey feeling a bit vindicated when he addressed a handful of reporters deep inside Arrowhead Stadium.,Tennessee rallied from a 21-3 halftime hole on Saturday to beat the Chiefs 22-21 in their AFC wild-card matchup. It was the first postseason win for the franchise in 14 years

when they come in the locker room,"I don't think you guys believe me, there is a look — they're going to come back and win this game," he said.

and they always have. And they came through today when we really needed it.",Authentic 12th Fan Jersey,"It's on the sideline. It always is. It always has been with this team. I wish you guys would give them a little credit for it. They stick together and they've got each other's backs

too.,When their coach really needed it

and he replied: "If it has an effect on my family,Mularkey was asked whether the speculation had an effect on him, it has an effect on me. So, yeah. I'd say it had a big effect on me."

he was asked whether he felt sure no matter what happens in the playoffs.,Then

" he said. "I haven't had any support to say that I was (secure). No. I just assumed the worst.","No

Good thing he got the best.

Marcus Mariota threw for 205 yards and two touchdowns, a 22-yard strike with about six minutes to go that gave Tennessee its first lead of the game., the first to himself — the ball was batted back to him and he dived into the end zone — and the second to Eric Decker

Derrick Henry added a career-high 156 yards rushing and another score for the Titans.

through ups and downs,"Throughout this entire season, guys, the energy doesn't change," Mariota said. "You've got to give a lot of credit to the guys in that locker room for continuing to believe."

Meanwhile, a stretch of postseason futility that includes heartbreaks of just about every stripe., the Chiefs squandered another chance for their first home playoff win since January 1994

" Chiefs coach Andy Reid said,"The sick part about this is it's final, "but the guys that are going back, you have to feel this. Coaches and players, we have to change it around.

As the Titans wait to learn whether a trip to New England or Pittsburgh is on deck, here are a few more takeaways from the game:, and the Chiefs begin thinking about next season

including two in which whistles for forward progress took away fumbles. One led to a Tennessee field goal and the other took away a 2-point conversion that would have given Kansas City a late lead. "I can't go there,The Chiefs complained vigorously about several calls by the officials,Womens Nate Sudfeld Jersey," Reid said. "Everything I say, those guys are protected. You can go talk to them. Question them."

while the Chiefs lost emotional leaders on both sides of the ball. All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce left with a concussion in the first half and big defensive tackle Chris Jones left with an ankle injury in the second half. "Kelce,The Titans emerged from the game healthy,Womens Brandon Scherff Jersey, that hurts," Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said. "A player of his caliber, not having him out there hurts."

when he ran 28 times for 51 yards against Jacksonville. He was back in the role Saturday with Demarco Murray still out with an injury,Womens Preston Smith Jersey,Henry had bemoaned his performance as the featured back last week,Authentic Arthur Brown Jersey, and this time his pounding attack paid dividends. "''I just wanted to have a better performance than I had last week," he said. "I just wanted to be able to come out here and execute the plays that were called and help this team and this offense."

and the Lions came back from 27-7 in the second half to beat the 49ers in December 1957.,Womens Matt Jones Jersey,Only two other road teams have rallied from at least 18 down to win a playoff game in NFL history. The Cowboys came back from 21-3 in the first half to beat the 49ers 30-28 in December 1972

but the cash-strapped Chiefs are expected to trade or release him and turn the team over to first-round pick Patrick Mahomes II.,Womens Steve Largent Jersey,Smith is still under contract next season

leading him to assume the worst after reports that he could be fired if the Titans lost in either Week 17 or the Wild Card round.,Titans coach Mike Mularkey said after Saturday’s comeback win over the Chiefs that he hadn’t heard anything from the team in regard to his job security

Mularkey no longer has to do that. Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk released a statement on Sunday saying that she wanted to “eliminate any distractions” and announce Mularkey will remain the team’s head coach.

” Adams Strunk said. “No one has been a bigger supporter of Mike Mularkey than I have over the last two-plus seasons. Mike and Jon have changed the culture of our team and organization and I am so happy we have been able to bring success on the field to our fans — winning 19 games over the last two seasons,“Our mantra all season has been to take things week by week and not get ahead of ourselves and it obviously has served us well. I regret that outside rumors gained a life of their own,Authentic Steve Largent Jersey, Mike Mularkey is our head coach and will be our head coach. We still have work to be done, including our first playoff win in nine years. Just to eliminate any distractions moving forward, including this week, but I am looking forward to the journey.”

Mularkey is heading into the final year of his contract and the Titans will have to decide if they’ll work on an extension with a coach that’s been on the sideline for the team’s first consecutive winning seasons since 2007 and 2008.
Предыдущая тема:Adidas Superstar 80S Cork St Pale Nude Trainers
Следующая тема: Does Bill Belichick want to coach the New England Patriots in 2018? 'Absolutely,' he says
Переход к форуму:

Текущее время: Пнд Янв 22 20:48:54 MSK 2018
.:: Обратная связь :: Начало ::.